The Secret Sauce of a Great Pittsburgh Vein Center – Happel Laser
Vein Clinics in Pittsburgh are Not All the Same
When choosing a vein center, you have to ask yourself – What do I really want?
Many people assume that all vein centers are about the same so they just choose the closest place.
That is a huge mistake that most people later regret.
Let me explain why.
Most of the varicose vein treatments done in Pittsburgh are performed in med spas and vein franchises.
Those places are not your best choices.
All of these franchised vein centers and med spas treating veins in Pittsburgh set up multiple branch offices throughout the city.
They only sublet these consultation offices part-time.
These offices are catch basins.
It’s where you will get your initial consultation from some kind of ancillary personnel.
‘Want to know the best part?’ (sarcasm implied)
The doctor isn’t even around.
When it comes down to your actual treatment, these satellite catch basin offices will funnel you to their central office far from your house.
By the time you find out, it’s too late. You’ve already committed time and money.
It’s too late to go somewhere else.
I wouldn’t be thrilled about that either.
Once Upon a Vein Center …
There are a lot of stories about bad vein clinics out there right here in Pittsburgh.
Eliminate those places right off the bat.
Let me teach you how.
A little research is the best place to start.
Vein centers and doctors in Pittsburgh aren’t always as advertised. You have to dig deeper and really do some basic investigating.
If you do, this is what you’ll find.
- Sketchy credentials and qualifications – General surgeons (with no training in veins except stripping), family doctors, and emergency room trained doctors run these places.
- Sketchy ethics- When a medical office becomes a franchise or a spa, the mission becomes distorted. Profit becomes foremost which poisons the waters in treating patients. Unnecessary procedures are often a result.
- Sketchy offices – These vein centers have never been inspected.
- Are the autoclaves safe?
- Do they reuse disposable catheters?
- Are the injectable medicines FDA approved?
The Vein Specialist is the Key to a Successful Result
It all starts and ends with an amazing vein doctor.
The doctor’s qualifications, training and bedside manner are extremely important.
Your results and your happiness during the process depend on you making the right choice.
The vein center staff, insurance office, and the facility are reflections of the doctor. Unless you go to a vein franchise office or med spa where they work part time.
These cosmetic spas that “do veins” on the side are veritable varicose vein sausage grinders.
At the vein franchise or the med spas in Pittsburgh, the doctor is just another employee.
They are just an invisible cog in the vein mill machine.
They just want the paycheck.
What does that mean to you?
When they go home, they will forget about you.
That’s not your best-case option.
What Do You Need from a Vein Office?
You want (no need) to see the doctor’s name on the shingle (sign) out front of the office.
The buck stops with that doctor.
They really care about your results, fulfilling your expectations, and your entire experience.
Their name and reputation are on the line when the doctor’s name is the name of the vein center.
On the other hand, the franchise doctor/employee of a franchise or a med spa is one step removed from your care.
I see second opinions every week from people who have gone to these other “so-called” vein centers.
The patients sense that something is wrong. They say that they don’t feel comfortable.
They feel that their recommended treatment was overly aggressive and unnecessary.
They don’t remember the doctor’s name.
One person last week brought me a brochure from another vein center.
She showed me the doctor’s name but couldn’t pronounce his name.
You know what’s kind of sad?
All she could remember was that he was “foreign”.
Want to know what’s in the secret sauce of a superior vein center?
The Secret Sauce of the Happel Laser and Vein Center
- Qualifications – Dr. Happel served as the Chief of Surgery at UPMC South Side Hospital. He trained at the Mayo Clinic in vascular surgery. He is fellowship trained and board certified in vascular surgery.
- Experience – Dr. Happel has the longest personal experience specializing in veins in Pittsburgh. You don’t want someone who just dabbles in veins.
- Inspected – The Happel Laser & Vein Center is the only vein office that has been inspected in the city.
- Pioneer in the field of venous disease. First vein specialist to perform laser surgery for varicose veins in the city and the first vein office to use Varithena, the newest foam to inject into varicose veins.
- Ethics – We are a private practice – not a franchise. We are one of the last few medical practices that have not sold out to UPMC or Highmark. That means more time to spend with you. Insurance run practices are rushed to see as many patients in the shortest amount of time possible. You will not feel rushed at our private office.
- Bedside manner – See our Google and Yelp reviews which speak for themselves.
It’s time to take a bite out of a reality sandwich with the special sauce.
To summarize, here are some of the special sauce ingredients:
- Mayo clinic trained board certified vascular surgeon
- Longest personal experience of any vein specialist in Pittsburgh
- The only inspected and the only accredited vein office in Pittsburgh
Choosing the wrong vein clinic and the wrong vein doctor can literally wreck your life.
If you choose the wrong vein center, vein complications, bad results, and an unresponsive staff who insulates the doctor from you are real possibilities.
Dear reader, I have a nit to pick with vein franchises and med spas that treat veins in Pittsburgh.
I see their unhappy patients every week for a second opinion.
Don’t be a casualty.
Call us today to discover the difference at 724-969-0600 or click here to learn more.